With all of the fears of COVID-19, I thought some of you might be looking for ways to boost your immunity which is your best defense. The first thing to remember is that germs are the evidence of disease, not the cause. Weak immune systems become a target for microorganisms. So the best way to stay healthy or even shorten the duration of viruses is to keep your body as strong as possible.
Here are some simple ways to boost your immune system and to help your body fight off any foreign agents:
1. Sleep – Since we’re all stuck at home, you should have more opportunities to get a good nights rest. Don’t stay up late at night binge-watching Netflix. Turn those screens off at least two hours before lights out to give your body a chance to unwind so you can have a good night’s sleep.
2. Stay Hydrated – Staying hydrated will keep your immune system strong.
3. Avoid Sugar – Sugar and Vitamin C compete against each other to be absorbed into your cells. Vitamin C increases our white blood cell activity. Sugar will weaken your immune system making you more susceptible to disease. Foods includes processed sugar and white grains.
4. Eat Real Food – Eat dark leafy greens and fruits high in vitamins like kale, spinach, broccoli, berries, kiwis, and melons.
5. Wash – You all know to wash your hands often for 20 seconds.
Try this Immune-Boosting Tea loaded with great immune-boosting ingredients and anti-microbial properties like ginger, turmeric, and garlic.