I love acai bowls! These nutrient-packed berries make a beautiful breakfast in a bowl that everyone will enjoy! Loaded with anti-oxidants, amino acids, and essential fatty acids, acai berries make a super-healthy start to your day.
Trader Joes just started carrying frozen organic acai puree at a great price, so these are even easier to put together. They are basically a thick smoothie in a bowl topped with your favorite toppings such as granola, fruit, coconut, or nuts. Rememeber, you want fat, fiber, and protein at every meal or snack, so simply follow this basic recipe and mix and match ingredients and toppings!
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 1 3.5 ounce pack frozen acai puree
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup organic blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 avacado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Defrost acai puree slightly by running under water. Puree acai, banana, berries, and avocado with almond milk until smooth, scraping down sides of blender.
- Pour into a bowl and arrange toppings in stripes. Enjoy!